Ok, this is the normal picture at my house. A boy and his Dad playing, wrestling, and just enjoying each other. Up until the age of about 18 months my little guy would not leave my side! Well, that changed quickly when he began to see his Daddy in a new light. Now he is all about being "like Daddy." He wants "work shirts with pockets" like Daddy, wants boots like Daddy's, generally wants to do everything like his Daddy, and be with his Daddy. I actually really love this. It is fun to watch, and really makes me smile.
Well, I say all of that to help you understand how I felt when my little boy looked up at me from his bed and said "Momma, you are my best girl!" Oh my goodness if you could feel the overwhelming emotion that rose up in me. My boy just told me I was his best girl. I know that God will take him so many places, and I am excited to watch. I know there will be so many memories made with my boy, but this is one I will never forget. I thank God every day for the precious gifts of my children. I pray I can always be the Momma they need to help them walk through this world.





8 comments:
This made me tear up. Sweet sweet story, I love it. I wish I could hear his little voice saying it, so cute.
Well, he is still modeling his daddy....he sees daddy look at mommy with that look that says, "you are my best girl". Soooo, sweet, Elly....love it.
Will is a great model.
That is soooo sweet!
Thank God for little boys!!!! There is nothing in the world like them!
~Christi
Awe...how sweet!!! Oh, I bet you will treasure those words forever.
awwwe that is awesome! I love sweet stories like this!
Oh!!! This is timeless~!
Zayne told me I was his "vewy best fwiend" the other day and I kept asking him to tell me that again...
Aren't little boys heart wrenching for their mommas?!
Troy is so cute!
Hello sweet Elly..The POWER of words spoken with uncondional love is magnificent. My forever prayer is that when the time comes for you to share Troy's heart with his new love, she will be as spendid a gift as you are to me. I love you, Gaye
Elly that is precious!!!!
Post a Comment