Friday, July 4, 2008

Only with boys!!




I was so excited when my Mom, a few months ago, asked me what Will and I would like for our anniversary. I knew that most of the time this gift was something really fun and just for us, but this time I knew exactly what I wanted! A new vacuum! Yes, a vacuum. I knew that Will would not be as excited about this as I was but, as the sweet husband he is, he said "sure." As silly as it sounds, I was so excited about having a good vacuum. It works so well, and with children around it helps me know my house is at least somewhat clean because it picks up everything! Which, leads me to the following conversation I had with my mother this morning.



"Mom?"

"Good morning sweetheart, " she answered.

"Have you ever gotten something stuck down the tube part of your vacuum?"

"Well, yes. What did you get down there?"

"A screw!"

"A what?"

"A screw."

"Did it not go all the way through."

To which I replied, " no, it cannot go all the way through when it is a plastic one the EXACT size of the tube!"


I know she didn't mean to laugh because she heard the distress in my voice, but SHE DID! She proceeded to tell me different things she would try to use, but to no avail. I still have the black, plastic screw, from all the THOUSANDS of tools my son has, stuck in my beautiful new vacuum!

All I can say is that when you have boys you never know what is going to be lying around, banged on, torn up, and whatever other adjective you can think of to do with an object.

Yes, I am sad, and ready for Will to be my hero (after he and my little guy get back from cutting down trees with a "tree terminator") and get the plastic thing out of my vacuum, but I LOVE MY LITTLE MAN, and all the things that come with him. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he has a part of me that will be his forever. I cannot wait to see where the Lord takes him, and what His plans are.

5 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

That was sweet.
I can understand a little bit but to tell you the truth, Carleigh and I were pretty ruff with things. I guess we got it from our Papa. Then the boys showed up and we had to be at least a little bit more gentle to balance things out.

Diana Latham said...

Hilarious, Elly!!! My vacuum is full of hair pins, lego pieces, and lots and lots of hair....But, I have never had anything get stuck in the hose. So glad that Will got to be the hero!!!

Love you guys, Di

Emily Suzanne said...

that's so funny, Elly! Boys are just so fun and make life interesting, don't they? :) Cute! that's one good vacuum, sucks up everything! haha!

Anonymous said...

When I bought my Kirby (vacuum) I was excited and told people about it for months. Okay, okay, I still tell anyone that will listen.

Laura said...

lough out loud, so funny Elly! I feel you on this one because this sounds like something I would do! Ha! anyway, I love keeping up with you and your blog! I am going to read some more....