Monday, August 18, 2008

I know I am definitely not the greatest blogger in the world, but I do like reading other's. So, I was thinking today about why I enjoy reading all of your blogs so much, and I came up with this:

I've found that an interesting thing happens when you get a chance too look into other peoples lives, you examine your own! I do anyway. I find as I see all of your beautiful children, and the words you write about them, it makes me cherish mine even more. When I read how you love your husbands, it makes me adore mine even more. when I read how God is speaking into your lives, my heart longs to seek the Heart of Jesus even harder. Thank you, to all of you who put your heart into words for us to read. I think that is why God says we need His whole Body to function. We all play a role in each others lives to press on and sharpen each other "as iron sharpens iron." Though we may not see each other face-to-face, we are able to glimpse at the world through the eyes of those we know, those we love, and those that just stumble into our path for some reason beyond our knowledge. I pray that we truly "see" those around us through the eyes of the One who has created us all, and who desires His glory to be seen through His children here, us. May His Face shine on each one of you.

6 comments:

the lowe down... said...

You ARE a good blogger, cute girl! Just because it's not as often as other people doesn't mean it isn't good. I love your focus on your sweet family, and the love for Jesus I see pour through your words. Love you dear one!!!!!!!!!!

carla's gateway said...

oh my..... you put my heart into words.... yes, these are the things that happen as our "iron" is "sharpened" by those who take up the swords with us! thank you.

Emileigh Latham said...

Very true!!!

Christi said...

Hi Elly. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! It is so nice to know you are part of the blog world! I will be checking in and look forward to seeing more of your family!
~Christi

Emileigh Latham said...

Happy Late Birthday TR!!!

allyo said...

Hey Elly,
I found your blog through your comment on Brittney's blog. I am glad to have another friend to check in on. Your kidos are super cute (I've read about them a lot on your mom's blog).