
I know this blog is a little late, but I am going to do it anyway!
This past June was my daughter's first birthday, and this past Friday my son turned four! I absolutely cannot believe it. I remember so clearly the day each of them was born. My heart was so full of Joy I didn't know what to do. Before I got pregnant with TR, I could never have imagined how I could love something so much that I had never even met. Then, I saw his face and I understood the meaning of true love, and joy. The second time around I wondered how I could love another as completely as I love the first! Oh but I did! The moment EE was born I understood that God made my heart able to love completely two precious lives given to me as gifts from my Lord. I have to remind myself often of the fact that these two are not mine, but His. That He was, and is, so gracious to allow Will and I the opportunity to raise them. I am honored and blessed. I just watch the time go by so quickly! I am amazed how different they are,a nd how wonderfully God has made each one of them. There are times I just want to hold my children, protect them, and say "don't go, don't grow up, stay here always." Then I come back to reality, and understand that my children are here for a purpose beyond me, beyond them, and beyond what they can comprehend at this moment. I see glimpses and TR asks me questions that blow my mind that a four-year-old would ask about the Holy Spirit and His God. Or when my EE stretches her hands to the sky as she looks up and sings. My God is good, and I trust Him. I know I cannot stop time, and hold them in one place. I realize I don't really want to, I just want to cherish every moment, to learn about who God is making them. I pray that I can encourage them to hear His voice as they chase after His heart to find out why God created them exactly the way they are. I am so glad He gave these two to me. I release them to the One who gave them to me. I will never know how much time I have with them, so I choose to make every moment of time I have with them real.




No comments:
Post a Comment