Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Is that a dog bone your daughter is chewing on?"


Ok, so it happened in Jason's Deli. It is one of my son's favorite places to go! He says "Momma, Let's go to Jason's!" Anyway, back to the story. I was having lunch with my little girl (15 months old) and her grandparents. Well if you have children or seen children in restaurants, they are not always the quietest, or most content individuals in the place (at least mine aren't). EE was getting a little frustrated with the fact she was being contained, and not allowed to do exactly what she had in mind, so my mother took out a nylon dog bone that she bought for her Yorkies and handed it to EE. I really didn't think much about it because it kept her entertained, and I knew my mother would never give her something that was dirty! Like I said, I didn't really think much about until a lady at the next table said,

"Excuse me, I don't mean to be nosey or anything, but is that a dog bone your daughter is chewing on?!" Oh my goodness, what she must have thought!!!

"Actually, YES IT IS," I replied! "Sometimes you'll do anything to eat lunch in peace."

To which she replied "I was really just wondering if that was the NEW thing to teethe on! My daughter is fixing to have a baby, and I was going to get her one if it was."

Wow, was I relieved to find out she wasn't going to turn me in or anything for letting my daughter chew on a nylon dog bone!!! She actually thought it was kinda cool (hmmm). I told my Mom and she just laughed with me. I guess we should probably pay more attention, since you never know who is paying attention to us!

5 comments:

Emily Suzanne said...

This is so cute, Elly! I'm all about doing whatever it takes to get some peace and quiet when you're out in public :)
I have been feeling pretty yucky lately, so I haven't wanted to do much of anything. that's why I'm dragging my feet about everything! I'm so sorry! I really am going to call you soon. I'll get back on the ball, promise! :)

Anonymous said...

That story is fabulous!!!

Emileigh Latham said...

Great story!!! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

that's hilarious! If Kim does not pick up Atlas' dog bones every morning (her german shep), then Rachel, her 10 mos. old, immediately finds them and immediately puts them in the mouth before Kim can catch her! And, they are NOT new! haha!!

Laura said...

Lol, hilarious! I heart that story, you are so fun! I can't wait to see you at the reunion! Ours is the weekend before so M and I will be in Abilene two weekends in a row.